The lean levels workshop is designed for pragmatic, practitioners who are not technology experts. It is for people who value technology but may not have delivered many complex projects and where it may not even be their day job.
It is not for developers, testers, designers, scrum masters or technology gurus – it is for busy business people that do not have much time. In fact, not much of the workshop is about technology, but about how to successfully deliver complex projects by challenging the prevailing myths and practices.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, it is probably for you:
- Have you been involved in projects which have promised much and delivered little?
- Are you concerned that your digital agencies are charging too much – after all, “where there’s a mystery, there’s a margin”?
- Do you feel that the support available to you in delivering digital projects is around ‘doing things right’ rather than ‘doing the right thing’?
- Have you been using terms such as ‘lean’ and ‘agile’ but without knowing how to use these approaches properly?
- Do you believe there has to be a better way than what you are seeing but are not 100% sure what it is? Or you don’t have the time to invest in finding out the hard way?
During the workshop, you should expect to learn models and techniques to help you:
- Start with the “Why?” and develop a successful business model to underpin the technology solution
- Structure your thinking to make sure the voice of the customer and user is right at the centre of the decisions
- Minimise waste in delivering any project to get it done quicker, better and more profitably
- Understand how you can develop a ‘minimum viable solution’ to reduce the risk of a project
- Provide you with six tools that you will feel confident in using after the workshop
This will not be a ‘chalk and talk’ training course. It is not for theorists, but for pragmatists. Those people who want to find the secrets to allow them to achieve the maximum value for the minimum of work. It is a workshop with the emphasis on the ‘work’.
The morning session starts with introducing some concepts and tools followed by developing a real world case from an idea through the six tools to a viable concept.
The afternoon session is a team based exercise to maximise the return on investment (ROI) for a web based solution where teams will be making decisions about what to invest in and in what order to maximise the success of the business proposition – as with business, it is competitive. After all millions of dollars are at stake and, like real markets, there can only be one winner.
If you want to walk away with the keys to successfully designing and developing a technology idea into a technology solution, this day is for you!